Friday, March 6, 2009

FINALLY - An Update!

I admit it - I am a bad blogger! I love to read the blogs I follow and actually get annoyed when they are not updated in a few days. But as a blogger, I am the pits and probably totally annoying to the few followers I do have. I apologize. I promise to try to be a more frequent poster this year. How about once a week - at least?

That said, there are actually several updates to report...
1. Thanks to everyone who left messages, called and/or sent e-mails about Lexi. Your kind words of sympathy and encouragement really meant a lot to me (I'm getting teary writing this) and helped me get through a really tough time. I was having his portrait drawn by the same girl who did Treenie's and wouldn't you know it she finished it up right after Christmas - how is that for timing. Now all I have to do is get is framed and he can complete the "wall of fame" in my living room! This gal is an art student in NYC - she is VERY reasonable (like around $200). She is hoping to pick up some consignments for the summer - I will gladly pass along her info!








2. Molly finished out the year with several year end awards. She was 6th at one show series where we went to 1/2 of the shows, 4th at our local h/j assoc. AND the big one - Champion of the Intro Starter Rider division for Dressage and she was given the award for Up and Coming Dressage Rider!! This was a total surprise to us and of course she was in the bathroom when they presented the award - Oh well!

3. Molly has officially moved up to the short stirrup division for this show year - I guess this blog should really be "Adventures in Short Stirrups" now - oh wait - I'm not sure if we're staying in this division. What's that you say - you can't go back once you move up?? Of course not silly - Molly definitely will not go back to the mini's - however, she may end up not doing the full year in the short stirrups but moving to the pre-children's hunters. More on that later - maybe a post for next week??

4. We have decided to sell Treenie so that Molly can move up to a med or large pony. It has been pretty apparent that Treenie, as cute as she is, may not be competitive (aka Fancy) enough for the other divisions. And, Molly is starting to outgrow her. We will probably be able to squeeze this season out of her, but that's about it. So, she is officially for sale - she has an ad on Dream Horse for now and we have several people looking at her. Molly went and tried a large pony this week, but it wasn't for her so the search is on!!

5. I have been given an unbelievable opportunity to train and campaign a really cool horse for the gal who runs Molly's barn. She has a KWPN/TB that she has owned since he was 2. He has VERY respectable bloodlines and she had hoped he would become her Adult Amateur horse. Unfortunately, a 7, he made it clear to her that he REALLY did not like the jumps so a hunter/eq career was not in his future. As a result, we agreed that I would ride and campaign him as a dressage horse this season and hopefully turn him into a nice dressage horse for an amateur. Again- more on this in later blogs. In short, things are going extremely well - he is super sweet, and seems to love his new job. I took him for our first lesson with my dressage trainer and she really liked him. I am really hopeful for the season with this one! I'll post video soon - need to download from my camera first.
So, I should have a lot to write about now - new divisions, new horses, new opportunities. Stay tuned because this may turn out to be a wild whirlwind of a season for us!







No comments: